Thermal imaging cameras measure the temperature using thermal detection sensors. It proposes an image that exhibits temperature differences of the object being measured. This makes it easy to instantly see hot spots, which detail an average image of the region being measured. There are many types of cameras with thermal sensors, and they are all instruments designed to take temperature measurements.
Here, we have highlighted 5 best thermal imaging cameras under 1000, and all are suitable for personal and professional use. These cameras give you the temperature of a point you focus on. They are very accurate and have a temperature range much higher than that of thermal cameras. You will get detailed data for each pixel in the image.
What Can Thermal Cameras Detect?
Thermal cameras can detect those objects that are impossible to realize with the naked eye. It can detect the below-listed issue:
- Heating of faulty electrical components.
- Friction in motors or electrical machines.
- Leaks or obstructions in pipes.
- Poorly made connections.
- Prediction of fires or potential damage.
- Overload in electrical circuits.
- Critical points in ducts.
- Dangerous chemical reactions.
- Energy efficiency.
- Heat leaks.
- Poor insulation.
- Temperature distribution in heating systems.
- Detection of living beings in emergencies (avalanches, earthquakes …).
- Detection of outbreaks of possible fires.
- Detection of stowaways at border crossings.
- Security perimeters.
- Invasive animals in the home.
Table of content:
- What Can Thermal Cameras Detect?
- 5 Best Thermal Imaging Camera Under 1000 Reviews 2020
- 1. PerfectPrime IR0019, Infrared (IR) Thermal Imager & Visible Light Camera with IR Resolution
- 2. New Higher Resolution 320 x 240 IR Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera
- 3. Seek Thermal Revealpro
- 4. 220 x 160 IR Resolution Infrared Thermal Imager
- 5. 384 x 288 IR Resolution Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera for Android
- How Accurate Is A Thermal Camera?
- What Is The Difference Between Infrared Camera And Thermal Camera?
- Final Thought
PerfectPrime IR0019, Infrared (IR) Thermal Imager & Visible Light Camera
New Higher Resolution 320 x 240 IR Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera
Seek Thermal Revealpro – Ruggedized, Thermal Imaging Camera
220 x 160 IR Resolution Infrared Thermal Imager
384 x 288 IR Resolution Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera
5 Best Thermal Imaging Camera Under 1000 Reviews 2020
Choosing a thermal imaging camera for under 1000 dollars is a confusing task because you will find hundreds of models at this price range. We have researched and tested all models, and here we have presented 5 best thermal imaging cameras under 1000 that will fulfill your demands.
1. PerfectPrime IR0019, Infrared (IR) Thermal Imager & Visible Light Camera with IR Resolution
PerfectPrime IR0019 thermal imaging camera has a 320 x 240 px image resolution with thermal detection. Its 0.07 degrees Celsius sensitivity provides better picture quality and long run time. With a rechargeable Li-ion battery, you can use it for about 2-3 hrs with non-stop recordings. In the 3.2 inches colorful TFT display, you can get clear and crisp images with a 9 Hz refresh rate.
It is equipped with 4 GB storage so you can easily save and transfer files to other devices through USB cables. The large buttons help to operate the camera conveniently. Its accuracy is 99% perfect and included emissivity and temperature values for better understanding. You can use the thermal camera for both professional and personal use, so that it will be your best thermal imaging camera for electrical inspection.
Its top-end sensor detects the abnormal signs perfectly. With the thermal vision mode, you can detect and fix electrical problems, water damage, and other heat-related issues. It has -20 to 300 degrees Celsius heat capacity. Also, its 27° x 35° wide view provides large area capture at 0.5m short focal length.
PerfectPrime IR0019 Features:
- The thermal camera provides 320 X 240 px high-resolution thermal imaging.
- In the 3.2 inches TFT display, you can get a clear view with a 9 Hz refresh rate.
- It has 4 GB storage capacity to save images and recordings safely.
- Its heat tolerance capacity is -20 to 300 degrees Celsius.
- With 35 degrees field view, you can view a large area with a clear vision.
2. New Higher Resolution 320 x 240 IR Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera
HT-19 thermal imager provides 320 x 240 px high-resolution picture quality. It can inspect home damages, heat issues, electrical problems, water leakage, and other places where at least 2.5 degrees Fahrenheit temperature is needed. For these advantages, it can be considered as the best thermal imaging camera for water leaks. Its heat tolerance level is -20℃ to 300℃, so you can quickly find and fix any heat-related issues.
It is equipped with a 3.2 inches display to see the thermal imaging in real-time. The buttons help to control the camera functions easily. Its total weight is about 390 grams and has a rubberized handle that ensures grip when capturing photos. With the USB port, you can connect the camera with other devices to see and transfer images.
The 5 different color palettes allow us to read data and view images with clear and sharp visibility. With the 18650 mAH Li-ion rechargeable battery, it runs about 2-3 hours without any problem. You can adjust the emissivity to get accurate measurements. Also, it’s auto setting mode provides hassle-free operation and overlaps the images to get a better view.
New Higher Resolution Features:
- The IR thermal imager ensures 320 x 240 pixels high-resolution pictures with thermal detection.
- Its thermal range is -20℃ to 300℃, so you can detect and solve heat-related problems easily.
- It is equipped with a 3.2 inches display that allows us to see images with details.
- It has 3 GB storage to save images, and they can be transferred through a USB cable.
- With the 5 different color palettes, you can see images and details with visibility.
3. Seek Thermal Revealpro
Seek Thermal Revealpro comes with a 320 x 240 px thermal sensor that provides clear and visible imaging at day and nighttime. The revealer can detect building problems, energy loss, mechanical damages, water leaks, and other heat-related issues quickly so you can fix them. It is a perfect thermal imaging tool for personal, professional, and DIY homeowners to be the best thermal imaging camera.
Its thermal level is -4 to 330 degrees Celsius, which allows the detection of all types of thermal cases perfectly. With its 9 color palettes, you can get visible imaging at different colors and details. It provides a crisp and clear image quality because it has a 9 Hz refresh rate and 32 degrees wide-angle view. Also, its 4 emissivity modes ensure the correct measurement of temperature.
The camera has 300 lumens LED flashlight that helps to get visibility in dark areas. It works on a Li-ion battery that provides long-lasting performance. It is covered with a rubberized case that protects the camera from unexpected drops and accidents. You can get clear imaging up to 500 ft distance both day and nighttime. For these features, it can be considered as the best thermal imaging camera under 1000.
Seek Thermal Features:
- The 320 x 240 px thermal imaging camera provides high-resolution pictures with accurate thermal detection.
- Its large colorful LCD provides a detailed view with a high refresh rate.
- It is included with a 300 lumen LED flashlight that helps to see objects in dark areas.
- It can detect -4 to 330 degrees Celsius temperature objects with spot detection.
- It has a 32-degree wide range view that allows capturing objects up to 500 ft distance.
4. 220 x 160 IR Resolution Infrared Thermal Imager
HT-18 220 x 160 px IR Resolution Infrared Thermal Imager provides high-resolution thermal imaging with full range IR imagery. Its 3.2 inches colorful display provides a visible picture with a detailed view. With the 5 palettes color system, you can view images in different colors. The handheld camera is easy to carry anywhere because its weight is only 0.83 pounds.
It has control buttons to adjust camera functions and capture pictures at any angle. Both personal and professional users can use the IR thermal camera with accurate thermal readings. Its 3 GB storage function allows us to save images and recordings. Also, its overlaying image function helps to position normal pictures to thermal pictures.
It comes in a protective bag that allows to carry it anywhere and prevents damage. The auto setting modes allows us to start, stop the camera, set time format, and spot temperature. Its emissivity ensures perfect temperature measurement. Also, it has a screen protector that prevents scratches and water drop damage. For these features, it could be the best budget thermal imaging camera.
220 x 160 IR Resolution Features:
- The IR thermal camera provides 220 x 160 px thermal imaging with high-resolution images.
- It has 3 GB storage to save images and transfer through a USB cable to other devices.
- Its adjustable emissivity ensures accurate temperature measurement.
- The screen protector and protection bag prevent the camera from unexpected damage.
- Its 3.2 inches colorful display provides clear and detailed thermal imaging.
5. 384 x 288 IR Resolution Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera for Android
HT-301 thermal imager can capture images with 25 Hz resolution and offer 384 X 288 px thermal imaging. Its adjustable focus ensures a clear and visual viewing experience at all conditions. You can connect the camera with smartphones through its USB type C port, and your android phone must have at least an Android 6.0 operating system to run it smoothly so it could be the best thermal imager for smartphones.
Its thermal range is -20 to 400 degrees Celsius so that you can detect and fix any heat-related problems with the camera. Its adjustable emissivity provides accurate temperature calculation. Also, its versatile setting makes its use convenient. It has a temperature switch option that allows changing of the temperature measurement unit.
The large screen display provides real-time, high-quality imaging with a better refresh rate. You can set temperature levels in the center, minimum and maximum. Also, it has 6 color palettes that allow us to see the images with visibility for better understanding. It works only with android based devices, so that it can be considered as the best thermal camera for android.
384 x 288 IR Resolution Features:
- The thermal camera provides 384 X 288 px imaging at 25 Hz resolution.
- Its temperature range is -20 to 400 degrees Celsius, so you fix any heat-related issues.
- It can be connected with the smartphone through the USB type C port and supports only Android devices.
- The large screen display shows a visible viewing experience with details.
- Its 6 different color palettes show customizable thermal imaging.
How Accurate Is A Thermal Camera?
The thermal imaging camera is the ideal solution for detecting fever in space without many people. It has a tolerance of heat at a large distance. You can see the temperature in front of the visual focus on the screen of the camera itself. The camera’s accuracy is +/- 2 degrees Celsius or +/- 4 degrees Fahrenheit at optimum performance. Also, it has the capacity to detect -40 to 700 degrees Fahrenheit temperature with thermal sensitivity.
The temperature can be measured in two ways:
- The first allows you to focus on a central point in the image. For example, if we have a security guard who continually visualizes the portable thermal camera screen, it is possible to constantly control the temperature of people who pass in front of it.
- The second is the measurement of the hottest and coldest spot on the image. Always together with the work of a security guard, it is possible to measure and visualize the temperature of people in an integral way so as not to have false alarms.
What Is The Difference Between Infrared Camera And Thermal Camera?
The main difference between the infrared camera and the thermal camera is the heat detection system. Also, they have some differences, and below, I will discuss those differences. Have a look below:
The thermal camera uses light to capture an image in the wide region of the spectrum. It can detect heat-related problems with a better viewing experience. The range of the camera is 8 to 15 micrometers. It can capture quite clear and crisp pictures from long distances at nighttime, which makes it powerful. You can find out heat-related issues, water damage, building problems, and electric damage with the thermal imaging camera. They have different color palettes that allow observing the overall condition.
The Infrared camera emits radiation energy that detects objects through the infrared spectrum. The infrared ray calculates and shows the value of the temperature of the object. It is mainly used to find out moisture and insulation problems in buildings. Its contrast level is better than the thermal camera to get a better view of both day and night. The wavelength of the IR camera is 0.75 to 1.4 micrometers that help to get visible images. The infrared flashlight helps to capture objects in a dark area with better resolution.
Frequently Asked Question
Below, I have answered some frequently asked questions about the thermal imaging camera.
Is it possible to hide from thermal imaging?
Thermal imaging cameras cannot penetrate every object, so you hide something behind thick walls or blocks. Thermal radiation only detects heat that comes in its coverage area, but it cannot show what is behind the wall or block.
Can thermal cameras see through walls?
You cannot see objects through walls with thermal cameras. Because walls are thick and the radiation of thermal camera cannot pass through the wall and it only detects thermal objects that have heat.
Can thermal cameras see through smoke?
Thermal cameras can penetrate smoke because they detect heat only. It is widely used in firefighter’s purpose to identify heat-related issues. Some lower models cannot see through smokes.
Can you see a fart on the thermal camera?
You cannot see a fart with open eyes and all types of lights pass through the fart. Thermal cameras detect heat and use IR detectors to show objects, so it is difficult to see fart on the thermal camera.
Thermal imaging camera uses infrared and exploits the different thermal conductivity values, and distinguishes the objects framed based on color. It is a very convenient device to understand the quality of thermal insulation in your home to detect water leaks, mold, etc. Here, we have reviewed 5 best thermal imaging cameras under 1000 suitable for personal and professional use.
I want to recommend the Seek Thermal Revealpro thermal imaging camera that provides 320 X 240 px high-resolution image quality with temperature detection. It has 300 lumens LED flashlight that allows to see and capture objects in dark areas. With its 9 Hz large colorful display, you will get a better and detailed viewing experience. Its thermal range is 4 to 330 degrees Celsius so that you can detect and fix all types of heat-related problems.