Thermal imagers are a great way to detect the body temperature of human beings. You can see them used in hospitals, airports, and shops to measure the heat of others. During the pandemic, Covid-19, its use has increased in a great number.
For many other purposes, imaging cameras are used widely. You can use them for hunting, fire distinguisher, surveillance, and other similar purposes. But finding the best thermal imager for smartphones may be a daunting task for you. Don’t worry because we will cover you here.
Why Are Thermal Imaging Cameras So Expensive?
Thermal cameras are expensive due to the advanced technology they use for the lenses of the thermal cameras. Therefore, it requires advanced technology components that are unique, and a lower volume of production of the camera is costlier than that of a visible normal camera.
Also, the glass of the imagers is more expensive than a normal visible camera. The glass used in the thermal camera is not transparent in the wavelength. Otherwise, the imaging sensors of thermal cameras are different and pricey than visible cameras.
Table of content:
For a quick look, you can see the table of content. It will show you different sections of the article regarding the topic. You may directly jump to a specific section of the article by clicking on the table of content.
- Why Are Thermal Imaging Cameras So Expensive?
- 5 Best Thermal Imager For Smartphone Reviews 2020
- 1. 384 x 288 IR Resolution Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera for Android
- 2. FLIR ONE Pro – iOS – Professional Grade Thermal Camera for Smartphones
- 3. FLIR ONE Pro LT – Android (USB-C) – Pro-Grade Thermal Camera for Smartphones
- 4. Seek Thermal Compact
- 5. FLIR ONE Gen 3 – iOS – Thermal Camera for Smart Phones
- Benefits of Thermal Imaging Cameras
- Final Thoughts
We have researched a lot, tested, and then placed 5 best thermal imagers for smartphones in this comparison chart. It will benefit you to choose one that may best suit your requirements if you are busy enough.
5 Best Thermal Imager For Smartphone Reviews 2020
As we have researched many spending hours, we now have enough experience with these thermal imagers. These thermal cameras are worth purchasing because all of them have been selected after testing.
1. 384 x 288 IR Resolution Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera for Android
The thermal camera comes with advanced infrared technology to take more in-depth images. Therefore, with the thermal camera, you can measure energy loss, surrounding heat, electrical hot spots, etc. You can also take real-time images of objects and the surroundings with the imager.
The USB port of the thermal camera benefits you to use on your laptop by connecting it to your computer. Then you can use it as your thermal imaging camera for both individual and commercial purposes. These are the reasons behind considering it the best thermal imaging camera. Sometimes, you need improved clarity for images and videos; therefore, the thermal camera has a high IR resolution to adjust the focus.
The real-time with 25 HZ-Hti-Xintai thermal cameras allow you to take real-time pictures and videos with pinpoint accuracy. The thermal camera benefits you in measuring different temperatures, including low, high, and core temperature with the innovative temperature analysis.
IR Infrared Thermal Camera Features
- Advanced Infrared Technology of the camera helps you to take high-resolution photos and videos in detail.
- You can detect electric hot spots, water leak, energy loss, and other things with the help of the thermal camera.
- The Smartphone App supports connecting your thermal imaging camera and phone to get connected.
- The camera’s quick-adjust focus feature helps you adjust the focus easily with a high IR resolution of 384 x 288.
- Innovative Temperature Analysis of the infrared camera benefits to detect low, medium, and high temperatures using linear, point, and regional temperatures.
2. FLIR ONE Pro – iOS – Professional Grade Thermal Camera for Smartphones
When it comes to inspecting the electrical hot spots, water leaks in the pipes, energy loss, FLIR ONE Thermal Camera is the best option for you if you are an electrical engineer. The advanced technology of the camera helps you to do all these things with ease. Therefore, your inspection takes less time than before you do it manually.
It has all the necessary mobile accessories to get connected to your laptop. The powerful infrared of the imager benefits you to take more detailed images and videos of the scene. 500 radiometric images can be easily captured with the imager. It can shoot images at different temperatures. It benefits you to take images from a safe distance.
The thermal camera has MSX and VividIR technology, which lets you take the sharpest images and videos. The thermal imager is best suitable for commercial purposes only. So, it may not help you when it comes to using for your personal purposes.
FLIR ONE Thermal Camera Features
- The thermal camera comes with a powerful infrared one fit connector to help you find hidden electrical problems, water damages, energy loss, and heat-related issues.
- It can capture images and videos up to 500 radiometric images, which enable you to detect different temperatures.
- The thermal imager can measure objects’ temperature and other things ranging from 4 to 752 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It comes with MSX and VividIR technology, which allows you to get the sharpest images and videos of your target objects.
- If you need a thermal camera for your personal use, you should find others because it allows you to use them commercially.
3. FLIR ONE Pro LT – Android (USB-C) – Pro-Grade Thermal Camera for Smartphones
FLIR ONE Pro Camera is one of the best thermal cameras. It comes with a powerful thermal imaging camera that can comfortably detect hidden electrical problems, energy loss, HVAC, and wet issues. The spot temperature of the imager ranges from 4 to 248 degrees Fahrenheit.
It can capture up to 500 radiometric images. Its 4800 pixels lens is capable of taking thermal measuring from up to 302 degrees Fahrenheit. It can connect to your android smartphone, but you cannot use it with a snapdragon 835/845 based android model.
Numerous third-party apps benefit you to utilize the thermal camera in your android smartphone. You can use the thermal imaging camera commercially or personally; it depends on your requirements. While purchasing the product, make sure that it would be controlled under US regulations.
FLIR ONE Pro Features
- This thermal imager is suitable for identifying hidden electrical issues, energy loss, HVAC, automotive, and moisture issues.
- It can capture images at the scene temperature ranges from 20 to 120-degree centigrade to deliver you the sharpest images.
- The thermal camera can capture up to 500 radiometric images with 4800 pixels, and the temperature range from 14 to 302 degree Fahrenheit.
- FLIR one imaging camera has numerous third-party apps to use it at home.
- The camera has a USB to USBC cable to connect the device with your smartphone to take images and shoot videos in front of the camera.
4. Seek Thermal Compact
Seek Compact Thermal Camera does the most job similar to other thermal cameras. But you don’t require to break your bank because it is considered the best budget thermal imaging camera right now. The thermal camera will transform your smartphone into an imaging camera.
It has a 206 x 156 thermal sensor, which allows you to use the camera for your Jobsite or home or anywhere you like to use it depending on your needs. Finding and fixing a hidden issue with the imaging camera is easy and fast, including electrical failure, mechanical failure, damage, and other heat-related issues at home or Jobsite.
As the imaging camera’s price is not so high, the camera can be used for contractors, builders, DIY homeowners, and engineers. With the mobile app, you can control the thermal imaging camera as you require. Also, it does not come with batteries because it needs no batteries. When you connect it to the USB port of your phone, it will automatically play.
A waterproof case comes with the thermal camera to secure the thermal camera from getting wet in the rain. It has a 36-degree field of view, which is enough to take images and shoot videos of your needed objects pretty well. It comes with 9 different color palettes to help you define which one you actually need.
Seek Compact Thermal Camera Features
- The 206 x 156 sensor of the Seek Compact Thermal Camera allows you to transform your smartphone and tablet into an all-round thermal imaging camera.
- Finding and fixing any issues, whether water damage, automotive, electrical issues with the thermal camera, is fast and easy.
- It is ideal for contractors, DIY homeowners, builders, and engineers because of its cost-effective price out there.
- The thermal imaging camera is waterproof and does not come with any battery because it gets powered by your smartphone while connecting.
- The 36-degree field of view capacity allows you to take images and videos of the objects in front of the thermal camera.
5. FLIR ONE Gen 3 – iOS – Thermal Camera for Smart Phones
If you search for the best thermal camera for the iPhone, FLIR ONE Gen Thermal Camera comes into the scene. It benefits you to measure the temperature of energy loss, objects, electrical issues, leaks in the pipes, automotive, and so forth.
It does not only take images and shoot videos but also shares them. The MSX technology helps you mix the thermal and visible spectrum to give you a more detailed and accurate resolution. Thus, you can detect and find problems related to heat in the home and workplace.
The spot temperature of the imaging camera has a range of different temperatures. Only 40 minutes are enough to charge the battery fully. You will not use the thermal camera with your iPhone X because it is not compatible with them.
FLIR ONE Gen Features
- The thermal imaging camera comes with lightweight accessories to transform your iOS devices into an all-purpose thermal imager.
- The thermal imager can both capture and share images and short videos after capturing them to different devices.
- The exclusive MSX Technology allows you to blend the visible and thermal spectrum to provide you with more detailed and accurate images.
- The scene temperature ranges from 4 degrees Fahrenheit to 248 degrees Fahrenheit. Therefore, you can take images of any objects near you.
- It allows you to watch in the darkness, and you can discover fresh things in the forest.
Benefits of Thermal Imaging Cameras
There are so many benefits of imaging cameras that can help you in your personal life and commercial life. With the imagers, you can detect leaks, electrical problems, see animals in the dark while hunting, and so forth.
- You can minimize your energy loss by detecting the thermal imaging camera. Therefore, it will help you save your hard-earned cash as well. Also, if there is a leak in the water pipe or a fire in your home, a thermal camera helps detect all of them.
- The imaging camera allows you to change your android or iOS devices to an imaging camera to perform the actions a thermal camera does to detect body temperature, electrical hot spots, power loss, and so many things.
- If you are the owner of a big shop, use it to detect your customers’ body temperature, so you keep protected from suspicious disease, Covid-19, which is now a pandemic for the world.
- A thermal imaging camera allows its users to capture videos so detailed that they can scan the environment’s real-time scene. The more powerful your thermal camera is, the more detailed and in-depth images and videos you can capture with it.
- It benefits you to find lost pets and even your kids in the darkness. The infrared spectrum comes from their body and helps you to find them. Also, if you are a hunter, you can hunt in the forest’s darkness by investigating animals with the help of a thermal imaging camera.
Frequently Asked Question
Regarding the topic of the article, here are some of the most frequently asked questions. They will help you understand the topic better, and you can end up buying a perfect camera for your needs.
Can I use my phone as a thermal camera?
A phone can obviously be used as a thermal imaging camera. You have to buy a thermal camera first to connect to your smart phone by the USB port. The app of the thermal camera helps you to capture images and videos.
Does iPhone have thermal camera?
You will find thermal cameras for both android and iOS devices if you search a bit. Before purchasing a thermal camera, you have to make sure whether it is a good fit for your iPhone to capture infrared images and videos.
Can iPhone do thermal imaging?
As iPhone does not come with an integrated thermal imaging, you do not capture infrared images. You have to connect a thermal imaging camera with your iPhone to do that.
Can you hide from thermal imaging?
It is almost difficult and impossible to hide yourself from a thermal imaging because you send infrared signals to the camera. Other than that you can only hide you if you can use ground and hills.
Are there any real thermal camera apps?
FLIR one iPhone app should be come into the action. Because it allows you to use the camera, measure temperature and capture images and short videos of the objects or people in front of the thermal camera.
Thermal cameras are beneficial in numerous ways to improve your days. At home, you can examine electrical hot spots, electrical problems, water leaks, lost pets, and so many things. These 5 thermal imagers mentioned here with their reviews are worth purchasing. But we highly encourage you to choose the best FLIR ONE Pro Camera because it is the best thermal imager.
It can detect energy loss, hidden electrical problems, HVAC, and other related problems. The spot temperature ranges from 20 to 120-degree centigrade to give you the best images. FLIR one has numerous third-party apps that enable you to use this camera at home or work.